Kermit the Blog

Welcome to my pad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Conservatism: Not just a good idea, it's the (Natural) Law.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 200th birthday, Mr. President


Today marks the 200th birthday of one of my first heroes, President Abraham Lincoln.

I can't at this moment go in to all the reasons I admire this man and president, only this: In this culture of moral ambiguity, America desperately needs leaders of Lincoln's integrity and conviction. In this national identity crisis, we need Lincoln's commitment to liberty and unity. Lincoln believed America was special, set apart from other nations, that our noble experiment was worth preserving, and at great cost. I thank God for his example.

Footnote: Today's Breakpoint notes that Abraham Lincoln, Felix Mendelssohn, and Charles Darwin were all born 200 years ago today. This seems almost as cosmically significant as JFK, C.S. Lewis, and Aldous Huxley dying on the same day in November 1963.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home