Kermit the Blog

Welcome to my pad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Conservatism: Not just a good idea, it's the (Natural) Law.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Atrocity in Perspective

While praying for an end to abortion in this country on this 35th anniversary of the infamous Roe v. Wade decision, I am adding this abortion ticker to my blog. (With thanks to my friend Brad for first posting it on his.) It was created by a blogger mom named Michelle Potter to put the American abortion casualties in perspective:

I've heard a lot about how many people (read: terrorists and enemy combatants) Bush&Co. have killed by protecting Americans from terrorism and the people of Iraq from a mass-murdering, chemical weapon-possessing, rapist dictator. The irony is that most of these complaints come from the party that promotes the murder of children as a "privacy right." I realize that children have died in Iraq, but that does not compare to the atrocity of abortion for these reasons:

1) The only ones purposely targeting children (or civilians) are the terrorists;
2) We do not consider killing Iraqi children a "constitutional right";
3) Americans do not hold marches, rallies, or fund-raising dinners in support of killing Iraqi children;
4) The number of American babies killed by abortion far outweighs the total number of casualties in the war -- including children, adults, civilians, soldiers, and terrorists. In fact, that's exactly what my ticker sets out to proclaim...


Lord, have mercy on our country. Open the eyes of our leaders and our people to see the slaughter we permit on our own soil and our horrible offense against You. Thank you for the gift of human life, especially that which came into my family this year. Help me to give my own life in defense of it, and use me to help others cherish it. Amen.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Carlson said...

I thought your post was quite timely in light of the latest Strib editorial.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/13998271.html

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home