Kermit the Blog

Welcome to my pad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Conservatism: Not just a good idea, it's the (Natural) Law.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well, They Sure Keep the Food Warm



From WORLD, September 6, 2008:

Before you upgrade your kitchen countertops to granite, you might want to have it tested for radon and radiation. According to The New York Times, some of the more exotic granites coming from places like Brazil and Namibia emit radiation higher than background levels, in some cases 100 times as high. Experts debate whether the "hot" countertops are a cancer risk, but the Times reports that personal injury lawyers are already advertising for clients. The website http://epa.gov/radon has more information.

I had already written off natural stone countertops for our future house because I know I wouldn't keep up the maintenance they require.

Homeowners, don't take your formica for granite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home