Kermit the Blog

Welcome to my pad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Conservatism: Not just a good idea, it's the (Natural) Law.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rice-a-Romney?

I heard on my morning drive that Condi Rice is considered the front-runner for Romney's VP.

The Web is abuzz. They've already printed the shirts. Condi's name was proposed earlier this year, but as of April, she was still saying, "no way," and frankly I expect she'll hold to that.

One one hand, Condi as VP would defuse any absurd claim that voting against Obama is racist or (even more absurd) anti-woman. But would suspicious types view her as a pawn for this reason?

On the other hand, wouldn't you love to see a Rice-Biden debate?

Rice is brilliant, articulate, experienced, and congenial. Her views on abortion could stand to "evolve" a bit more, in my opinion. At this point, I'm doubtful she'll be the VP pick, but the suggestion itself is intriguing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Greg, with the holidays coming, I was online looking for a favorite recipe for Stollen that you had printed in a long ago Christmas letter. I came across your your article on divorce.. It resonated in me to respond,as the last time I heard from my maid of honor was prior to reconnecting on Face book and in an email conversation where I was explaining that I'd been divorced after 20+ years. Since I would consider her a kind woman and a good Christian it seemed strange and honestly abruptly dissaproving to receive no response of any sort. I can only imagine she would not have been willing to "sign" or understand if I had to contact her prior to my divorce(as my maid of honor.) Additionally, I think this is an unfair burden on childhood friends with whom one has lost touch. Anyway, I'd categorize your dream as the politically non-pursuable type perhaps much like the sort of dream brought on by an unusal dinner. To me it rings of a judgement call beyond the responsibility or realm of wedding participants. The best method of action I can think of that would be appropriate would be kind words and prayers. So far in life it seems to me that Christians are the most judgemental and alienating folks/
groups of all. Still I sincerely wish you & yours a Merry Christmas, Joy & Peace.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home